Saturday, March 9, 2013

Idea Dump -- Fantasy Map

I *think* that I will do a fantasy themed map as my first adventure map... partially because I feel that it will be easier than a sci-fi map, but I digress...

There will be a handful of major mechanics that I will use in the map...

Teleportation!

Yes, it's not a unique idea... Basically, it is a combination of either this firework detector (by HappyPear) or this experience detector (by Sethbling) with this map's core mechanic (by Bigre). So, how would I use the teleportation mechanic?
  • Between two major points in an area
  • Between two different areas
    • Good/Evil
    • Above/Below
    • Normal/Mirrored (swap x/z coords)
    • Past/Present/Future
    • Dry/Flooded
    • ...
  • Changes in one area affect the other
  • ...

Elements!

Again, not *too* unique... but having the different main areas based on the classical elements (Air, Water, Earth, Fire) as well as the different mobs, equipment, etc. based on the elements would be an interesting challenge.

I'll update this as I get feedback and more ideas...

3 comments:

  1. Elemental potions & enchantments is a new idea for me. You already have fire but I wonder about the other ones. Also, is Bigre's new map like Dropper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few ideas (Knockback for air for example), but I still need to brainstorm a bit on a few parts... This is not a final plan for the map at all yet.
      Rsmalec did an LP of the map here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzLrXgynUt8&list=PLW71Hy4zymrrZ9yQyQoYD4BNeujcNWG6i&index=1

      Delete
    2. I was thinking Knockback for air as well :)

      Hold on, I'll gather some ideas & make a blogpost :D

      Delete